This is a tentative calendar of readings. If class
discussions or class activities take longer than I originally estimated, I will
not cut them short to follow this schedule of readings. We will simply
reschedule the readings.
Also note that although reference
is made to pages and chapters from the class reader, you can read these topics
from any Sociology of Law book.
of law: The social context of Law by Sheryl J. Grana and Jane C.
Ollenburger, pages 14 to 17.
of Law. Types and functions of Law: Law and Society by Steven Vago and
Adie Nelson, pages 1 to 23.
Law: Alex Wellington and Allan Greenbaun, pages 8 to 9.
Weber: The Sociology of Law by Brian Burtch pages 36 to 41.
- Legal Education: Law and Society by Steven Vago and
Adie Nelson, pages 328 to 341.
- Legal Education: Canadian Law: An introduction by
Neil Boyd, pages 171 to 179.
- The Courtroom workgroup: The Sociology of Law by
Brian Burtch, pages 149 to 165.
- Sociolegal theories: An introduction by Neil Boyd,
pages 3 to 29.
and Durkheim: The Sociology of Law by Brian Burtch, pages 27 to 35 41 to 51.
- Violence against women: Julian Hermida, class notes.